Can you imagine living without a fridge? You probably won’t be able to, considering that we’re known it to be one of the most important kitchen appliances we’ve always depended on our whole lives. Not having one means wasting food as they get bad at a short amount of time, and not being able to stock up for the hard seasons simply because there is no way for you to preserve food quality.
So what happens when your trusty refrigerator breaks down? Some people attempt to repair the thing on their own, which would most likely result in bigger costs and even bigger problems.
The most sensible thing to avoid stress and money loss is to call in for refrigerator repair in Orange County, CA. First of all, if your refrigerator is not running at all, make sure that this is not a power problem caused by damaged outlet, damaged power cord or even blackout. If you see that the electrical connection is not an issue, check your temperature settings. Also you can check if there is enough space for airflow between the walls and the fridge and make sure that you didn’t leave the door of the refrigerator open for long period of time.
Why You Should Avoid Repairing Your Own Fridge
There is a huge emphasis on DIY these days, which is completely understandable, considering the costs that come with repair work. However, when it comes to appliances, especially for something as important and as frequently used as a refrigerator, self-repair could create even bigger problems like these:
- A refrigerator has so many components and parts, and when any of them breaks down or malfunctions, they could all show the same symptoms. The problem is figuring out what the problem really is. Misdiagnose the problem and apply the wrong solution, and you could have a lot of wasted time, wasted resources, and worse, a refrigerator that is still malfunctioning. As a trusted name in refrigerator repair in Orange County, CA, we at D&V know exactly what’s wrong with your fridge because of all our experiences put together.
- Availability of Parts. Although refrigerator parts can be found in different stores near you, there could be a few special parts that you need that are harder to find. As you jump from one store to another in an attempt to find everything you need, and as you widen your search and do more research, a lot of time is wasted and you go even longer without a decent fridge to use. This is why it is usually better to trust D&V for refrigerator repair in Orange County, CA. We always have parts in stock to make sure that we’re ready even for the rarest refrigerator problems.
- Bigger Problems. Especially if you’re not exactly an expert repairman, there is a chance that you’ll cross a few wires or replace old parts the wrong way. We all know that things can go terribly wrong when it comes to mishandled electronics, and your refrigerator is no different. The moment you miscalculate anything, a simple refrigerator problem can become worse and turn into a bigger problem that would be harder to resolve.
- Bigger Costs. Of course, when you make any appliance problem worse, this does not only mean that you wasted time trying to repair it, you also waste materials in the process. There is also a possibility that you might end up needing even more parts, causing your expenses to balloon even further. That money you were trying to save by skipping on calling an appliance expert could have been a better investment.
- Electrical Accidents. As with any other appliance, when there are wires and electricity involved, there is always a huge chance of electrocution or electrical fires. Huge accidents occur when appliances are mishandled. The possibility of these accidents happening becomes even bigger when they are repaired the wrong way. Instead of risking it just because you think you can save a few bucks out of it, might as well invest in quality work with a trusted name in refrigerator repair in Orange County, CA.
Most common refrigerator problems we repair:
- cleaning the condenser coils
- fixing defrost heater problems
- compressor repair/compressor replacement
- heating pump replacement
- charging Freon
- Fuse and switches replacements
- Condenser replacement
- Stop Leaking
We repair all most common brands for refrigerators, including, but not limited to: Admiral, Amana, Asko, Bosch, Brown, Dacor, Electrolux, Fisher & Paykel, Frigidaire, Gaggenau, GE, Gibson, Jenn –Air, Kenmore, Kirkland, KitchenAid, LG, MagicChef, Maytag, Miele, GE-Monogramm, Neptune, OKeefe And Meritt, Samsung, Sanyo, Sub-Zero, Thermador, Traulsen, U-line, Viking, Vinotemp, Whirlpool, Wolf.